PRODUCT CARE & REPAIR
At Inner Expressions we want to ensure your jewelry gets the best care available. That’s why we offer jewelry care and repair services to all:
- Professional jewelry resizing, cleaning, polishing and repair.
- Jewelry restoration and re-setting.
Interested in a service? Please contact us at: email@example.com or call (914) 671-8612
Submit a service Request by E-Mail
Want to clean your product at home? In order to preserve and maintain the original integrity of your pieces, we recommend implementing some proper care and maintenance precautions to ensure they retain their beauty. Allow us to walk you through the proper care for all your Inner Expression jewelry:
During your daily activities, there are certain precautions you can take to preserve your jewelry, including removing your jewels, in the following instances, to avoid possible damage to gemstones and metal:
- Strenuous activities, which can lead to unwanted impact and irreversible damage.
- Washing hands and contact with household chemicals, which can ultimately lead to corrosion, discoloration, and allergic skin reactions. Abrupt temperature changes can additionally cause some gemstones to fracture.
- Swimming in saltwater or chlorine can potentially harm your jewelry. Additionally, cold water can cause fingers to shrink, creating room for a ring to slip off.
- Applying lotion, perfume, hair spray or other cosmetics, which can get trapped in the crevices of your jewelry, causing residue build up or creating a film, thus dulling its luster.
- Sunbathing and extended exposure to direct sunlight can be damaging to certain gemstones, such as emeralds and turquoise.
- Gardening or playing in the sand exposes jewelry to abrasive contact on metal and gemstones, including diamonds.
- While sleeping, uncontrolled movements can result in potential impact. Additionally, blood circulation can be affected causing swelling and potential bodily harm.
Every piece of jewelry is exposed to unavoidable wear and tear. Extended wear, however, can be prevented or limited, to minimize unnecessary damages.
There are multiple sources for potential damage to consider:
- Physical: Impact can lead to gemstone fractures or irreversible metal damage.
- Chemical: Contact can cause gemstone and metal corrosion.
- Water: Extended exposure can lead to metal tarnish and gemstone deterioration.
- Beauty Products: Residue can diminish luster and trigger allergic reactions.
- Sun and Heat: Extended exposure can cause fractures and discoloration of certain gemstones.
- Deterioration: Extended daily wear without sufficient professional care can compromise metal and gemstones.
- DIY Techniques: Usage of inappropriate home cleaning methods and inadequate repair skills can cause irreversible harm.
- Storage: Metal to metal, stone to metal, and stone to stone contact can cause fractures in gemstones and compromise metal permanently.
- Inspect your jewelry for vulnerabilities. Check if the mechanical parts of your jewel, such as the clasp on necklaces and bracelets, and ear posts and clips on earrings are fully functional. A malfunctioning mechanical part can result in loss or avoidable damages. In addition, ensure that all gemstones are secure in their settings and that the connections are not compromised.
- When not being worn, store your jewelry items in a soft pouch separate from each other, in their original box provided at point of sale, or in a fabric lined case with compartments and dividers to prevent damages from metal to stone contact.
Proactive maintenance plays an integral part in preserving your jewelry and extending its life. With that in mind, the following best practices are recommended:
- Regular Home Cleaning: Regular home cleaning is an easy and effective way to avoid residue build up that will eventually dull down jewelry’s original sparkle and shine. However, not all jewelry items are suitable for home cleaning. Technically intricate items and vintage pieces, as well as jewelry containing softer and more delicate stones, such as, but not exclusive to, emeralds, turquoise, coral, pearls or any other gemstone beads on a silk string, should only be professionally cleaned.
- Professional Cleaning: Frequent professional servicing is recommended at least once per year, or as needed.